Heart of A Woman 2019
From Ibukun Ifelayo on January 17th, 2020
In women, the greatest cause of death is heart attack. Yet, many women are unaware of the risk factors and the warning signs of heart attack, which differ from those of men. Increased awareness is key to preventing heart problems, so Houston Methodist DeBakey Heart & Vascular Center and the National Federation of Business and Professional Women Clubs - Houston, affiliate of BPW International are partnering to host âHeart of a Woman.â This exciting conference is designed to educate women about the gender-specific symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease and how women can proactively improve their own heart health. In addition, guest speakers representing science, medicine, and government will discuss their roles in addressing gender discrepancies in cardiovascular care for women.
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Defining heart diseases
- State common risk factors for women with heart disease
- Recognize common discrepancies that exist between men and women with heart disease
- Identify signs and symptoms of heart disease
- Recognize latest diagnostic / treatment research and scientific advances: understanding the difference between men vs. women
- Describe latest recommendations and emerging interventional therapies for women vs. men with heart disease
Non-healthcare professionals and Healthcare professionals, including physicians, nurses and trainees, with a specialty or interest in women's health will benefit from this course.